1. Installation and System Requirements for HardwareKapitel hinzufügen
The hardware equipment depends primarily on the requirements that the application is to cover. These can vary greatly depending on the MyBib eL application scenario. Therefore, the values given below for CPU, main memory and storage should only be taken as a guideline for minimum operation. A precise statement about the hardware requirements can only be made after an exact definition of the desired functions.
1.1 Minimum Hardware FeaturesAbschnitt hinzufügen
- Hardware with X86-compatible processor (min. 2 GHz, Dual Core) with at least 4 GB RAM and 40 GB hard disk
1.2 Recommended Hardware EquipmentAbschnitt hinzufügen
- Server hardware with X86-compatible 64-bit processor
- at least 2 GHz
- at least 8 GB RAM
- at least Dual/Quad-Core
- The size of the hard disk depends on the size of the documents used. Therefore, the size depends on each individual case.
- MyBib eL should be operated on dedicated server hardware from a well-known manufacturer such as HP, IBM or Dell. This server hardware is designed for fully continuous operation.
1.3 Use of Virtual MachinesAbschnitt hinzufügen
- Virtual machines can also be used if they are set up according to the above mentioned recommendations.