2. Start ScreenKapitel hinzufügen
After starting the program, the start screen of BCS-2 appears. In addition to a job overview list, various job operations are available in this start interface. The startup interface is always displayed after the program starts or when the job mode is exited and the job interface is closed by closing the job.
Below the menu bar is the job overview list, which is divided into two sections, the left side contains the job list, and the right side the thumbnails of the images from the job currently selected in the job list are displayed.
Via the buttons below the list, jobs can be created, duplicated, transferred or certain batch operations can be selected and executed.
More options for job creation and (batch) import of jobs are available in the Job menu.
2.1 Job Overview ListAbschnitt hinzufügen
The last job created will be displayed at the bottom of the list, if the list is sorted by job number. When a job is selected, it is highlighted in light gray and on the right side the thumbnails of the images in the job are displayed.
Following information about the jobs is displayed in the list:
- Job ID: BCS-2 internal job number
- Workflow: Abbrevitaion of the job workflow type
- Status: The actions performed on the job are displayed, e.g. Trans when the job has been transferred.
- Information: At this point index contents can be displayed, which contents are displayed in the information column, is defined in the workflow.
- Date: Time and date of order creation
- Pages: Number of images contained in the job
- Job size: Size of the job in kilobytes or megabytesBy clicking on one of the column headings, the job list can be re-sorted.
2.2 Job ViewerAbschnitt hinzufügen
The viewer on the right displays thumbnails of the job currently selected in the job list.
In addition to the overview of the existing images, this view can also be used to display image information and to navigate to a specific image.
Open Job: Double-clicking on one of the thumbnails will open the job and the previously selected image via the preview will be displayed.
Show image information: Click on one of the images in the viewer to mark it. If you rest the cursor within the marker, the following image information will be displayed:
- Width: Width of the image in pixels
- Height: Height of the image in pixels
- Size: Size of the image in kilobytes or megabytes
- Bits per pixel: color depth in pixels
- Resolution: Total resolution of the image in dpi (dots per inch)
- Resolution X: Resolution in width in dpi
- Resolution Y: Resolution in height in dpi
- Threshold: Threshold value set for the binarization
- Number of keymap entries: Number of additional information available for the image.
2.3 Workflow SelectionAbschnitt hinzufügen
Below the viewer the drop-down list with the currently selectable workflows can be found. The displayed workflow is always the active workflow. When a new job is created or jobs are created through an import they will always belong to the active workflow.
2.4 Toolbar SelectionAbschnitt hinzufügen
The drop-down list for the toolbars is placed beneath the workflow drop-down list beneath the viewer. When an new toolbar configuration is selected the program has to be restarted.
2.5 Job actionsAbschnitt hinzufügen
Job Actions can be performed either via the buttons below the job list or via the menu Job. Available are:
Create new job: Creating a new job opens the BCS-2 application for scanning and reworking images.
Duplicate Job: The selected job is duplicated.
Transfer Job: The job is transferred according to the default settings in the workflow.
Batch Operations: The button Batch operations opens the dialog for the batch processing of jobs. The following options are currently available in the drop-down list.
- Apply Masking: The images are cropped according to the mask / area/tile setting. Masking is only for one mask (with or without gutter / dividing line) or one area/tile!
- Apply Multi-Masking: The selected areas/tiles on the images are cropped.
- Apply page split: Splits the pages of all images with a split line
- Perform OCR for all pages: Perform OCR, the result of the OCR operation is then available as normal text for each page.
- Perform OCR for all pages, generate MyBib eL format: The OCR results are stored in a special MyBib eL XML structure.
- Perform OCR for all pages, generate MyBib eL format and generate normal OCR texts: In addition to the normal OCR text per page, the XML data required for the MyBib eL are generated.
- Recognize barcodes in selected areas :The OCR results can be stored in an IWC OCR DOC. Through the IWC-OCR-DOC the OCR results e.g. can also be used for indexing or zonal OCR without having to start additional OCR runs.
Delete Job: The selected job is deleted.
2.6 Job MenuAbschnitt hinzufügen
The options and functions provided in the Job menu are partly for creating and processing jobs via the startup interface (job management) and partly for processing a job within the job mode (job interface). The unavailable options are greyed out. The following options are available for :
Import job from a job file: Via the appearing dialog for loading files you can select and open a previously saved BCS-2 file (see File menu). The images and metadata stored in the file are then loaded and processed or edited furhter.
Create new job from eL export container: Via the navigation dialog an existing MyBib eL job, which is available as a ZIP container, can be imported. The images, the existing OCR files as well as the structure and index data from the metadata XML are imported.
By reading out the index data, the indices for the eL workflow can be automatically created
Create new job: A new empty job is created for the active workflow .
New job: A new job is created, the job/user interface for processing is opened.
Create Jobs by Import …: Opens the dialog Create Jobs by Import in which the batch import is configured. Details on the function can be found below.
Transfer job: The job is transferred according to the default settings in the workflow.
Delete Job: The selected job is deleted.
2.6.1 Create Jobs by Import …
This function automatically creates new jobs for the currently active workflow by importing file folders with images.
Main Folder: Here you must enter the path to the main folder or select it by using the navigation menu, which can be accessed via Select. Each sub-folder in the main folder will lead to a new job. The images in the respective sub-folder are imported in alphabetical order into the new job.
Sub-Folders: visit sub-folders and include images from sub-folders: If underlying sub-folders should are to be included in the import, this option must be activated.
(Outline: create outline structure from folder-structur: By enabling this option, an outline structure will be built based on the directory hierarchy, the function will be provided in a future update.)
Visualization: show imported Images immediatly (slows down the import process!): The import of each image is shown, the function slows down the import but is usefull for a quick quality assurance.
Fill index: The drop-down list can be used to select an workflow index into which the file name is to be adopted .
Only after confirmation of the information dialog will the import be started. The status of the import is displayed via the corresponding progress bar and the information fields in the dialog.
Cancel :The Cancel button can be used to stop the import at any time. If the Visualization is on the current job is removed and all jobs imported up to the time are retained. If the Visualization is not activ the current job and all imported jobs up to the time are retained. The import will be aborted only after a query.
2.7 Batch Processing JobsAbschnitt hinzufügen
The actions duplicate, transfer and delete can also be carried out for several jobs. To select jobs from the list, you can use CTRL + left mouse button to mark them for processing.
If you want to work on a series of jobs that are in a row you can easily select all jobs by using Shift + Left mouse-click on the first and last job.
By clicking in the upper left corner of the table, all the jobs in the list are selected, this way all orders can be processed at once (for example, deleted), even if the list is very long.