- This service provides libraries, which do not conduct catalogue enrichment, with the opportunity to enrich their own OPAC via searchable tables of contents.
- Libraries and / or networks can synchronize their OPAC with the central MyBib TOX® database to improve the quality of their own data set with additional tables of contents.
- The collaborative approach avoids duplication of work for catalogue enrichment.
The basis for the availability and duplicate check is the central MyBib TOX® database. MyBib TOX® is updated daily and contains ca.
- 1.8 million scanned and searchable tables of contents for scientific titles (nearly all new scientific titles since 2005)
- 900,000 German-language titles
- 300,000 English-language titles
- 100,000 Spanish-language titles
- 300,000 other titles, spread across 25 languages
In specialized libraries and former special collections gray literature and conference papers were included in addition to the commercial publications. Thematic focus groups include Medicine, pharmacy, law and technology.
The ISBN is used to check is the title already has a table of contents available.
If successful, it will be marked as a hit and is provided as part of the update service for the integration into the OPAC.
Benefits for libraries and Library networks
- avoiding duplication of work
- no duplicates due to integrated availability control (80% of all titles have already been scanned!)
- fully automatic process, only getting the title, putting the title back and scanning are “manual” activities
- solution available as a cloud service via library networks (momentarily only in Germany )