- Scan software BCS-2® manages overhead- and microfilm scanners in the National Library of Luxembourg
- BCS-2® Classic: New Release 3.10 available
- International Document Delivery from the German National Library of Economics (ZBW) now also in digital form
- Flexible workflow definitions with BCS-2® Professional
- Ready for the future: With BCS-2® towards Windows10!
Intuitive to use, tailored to customer requirements and yet scalable!
The completely redesigned BCS-2® scan software “V6” is modular and has an application-oriented user interface. Four options are available:
- BCS-2® Professional for extensive indexing and (post-) processing
- BCS-2® Office for the office work
- BCS-2® Express for self-service-areas
To increase the usability, the individual BCS-2® variants including their control elements are precisely matched to the different application areas and functions of the certified scanner models.
Workflows of the BCS-2® Professional version
BCS-2® workflows depict clearly defined business procedures and applications. These are composed of for example job and page index, OCR, meta- and structural data and the transfer to third party system and / or applications which can directly process the data.
BCS-2® Professional users can define workflows themselves or let them be defined by service providers or select from a pool of predefined standard workflows. Typical applications are:
- Collection and Retro digitization
- Delivery to/Supplying presentation systems (MyBib eL®/Goobi)
- Mass digitization
- Catalogue enrichment
- National, international and campus-internal document delivery
- Delivery to/ Supplying e-learning platforms
Features of the BCS-2® Professional version
The new professional version with its job administration provides special functions for service providers and the experts in libraries:
- Image Plus: Automatic deskew + crop + rotation in one function
- Automatic segmentation, Multicrop, production of single images
- Use of different OCR engines (ABBYY and Tesseract)
- Zonal text recognition
- Freely configurable and multilingual interface
- Clear display of all jobs with job information and image preview
- Flexible job and page indexing to create meta- and structural data
- Connection to third party systems like MyBib eDoc®, MyBib eL®, Goobi, VZG amongst others
- runs on Windows 7/8 and already tested on Windows 10 beta
- Stable for 24/7 use