- BCS-2® Office - a new product!
- Scan software BCS-2® manages overhead- and microfilm scanners in the National Library of Luxembourg
- BCS-2® Classic: New Release 3.10 available
- Flexible workflow definitions with BCS-2® Professional
- International Document Delivery from the German National Library of Economics (ZBW) now also in digital form
Combined basic post-processing functions with the touch of a button and optimized scanner connections
The for more than 20 years established scan software “BCS-2®” is now called “BCS-2® Classic”. With the renaming the BCS-2® product relaunch is completed, which includes the new BCS-2® variants “Express”, “Professional” and “Office”.
BCS-2® Classic is used to digitize, edit and electronic publish bound and printed materials of all kinds.
The highlight of the new release is the integration of the “Image Suite”, which was previously an additional paid BCS-2® module.
It is now a permanent part of the BCS-2® Classic basic version and offers automatic post processing of scans with the touch of a button; for example the combination of deskew with simultaneous removal of the background and the page splitting.
Original image: In the original image the original is set very oblique. The ImageSuite calculates the book fold and outline of the submittal (dotted line). The image is then cropped based on these lines.
Result: Result of the operation are two individually cropped images
Other benefits include:
- Optimized functions for more effective digitizing
- Function extension for a simplified operation at self-service stations
- Advanced indexing options for metadata
- Windows10 compatibility
In the new Release 3.10 the connection to these hardware components has been significantly optimized. With BCS-2® Classic various overhead, flatbed, document and microfilm scanners as well as copiers and digital cameras can be controlled under a unified user interface.
Results of scan processes can be transferred seamlessly into the workflow management system MyBib eDoc® or the electronic reading room MyBib eL® and Goobi Presentation.